Did you already create a profile for your bed & breakfast on an online social network like Twitter, LinkedIn or Facebook? This is a perfect way to stay up to date about B&B trends. And to stay in the picture of your guests in an informal way.
How to create a Facebook page
On Facebook the best thing you can do is making a ‘page’ for your bed and breakfast. A Facebook page is a presentation page for non-private persons, so an organization, brand or product. Friends and acquaintances with a profile on Facebook can become a fan of your page. This way they show that they feel connected to your B&B.
B&B on Facebook in 5 steps
- First, create a personal profile on Facebook for yourself, if you do not have it yet.
- Log in to Facebook with your own username and password.
- Go to www.facebook.com/pages.
- Click on the button ‘+ Create Page’ and next select the kind of page you wish to create.
- Enter the information asked and select a nice picture of your B&B as an icon.
As soon as you have the page ready, you can invite friends and other connections on Facebook to become a fan. Then, the picture of your B&B will appear on their profile pages.
Discussions on LinkedIn
LinkedIn is a network with a more businesslike bias to it. Here, you can also create a profile for your B&B and, for example, make contact with other B&B owners. A nice feature of LinkedIn is that there are discussion groups about all sorts of topics.
Bedandbreakfast.eu opened a discussion group about B&B. If you have a LinkedIn profile, you can join the conversation about all kinds of matters entailed in running a bed & breakfast. How to find the Bedandbreakfast.eu discussion group on LinkedIn:
• log in to LinkedIn;
• click next to the search box (top right corner of the screen) on ‘People’ and then on ‘Groups’;
• enter the key word ‘Bedandbreakfast.eu’ into the search box.
We’re looking forward to meeting you there!