In the meantime I am welcoming guests from many countries in my accommodation. People from countries within, as well as outside of Europe. And I must say that – despite the attempts of the EU to turn the various member states into one melting-pot, I am happy with the large differences in culture, language and traditions of the various countries. The diversity of nationalities is what makes running a B&B so very interesting.During the past years, I have had many fun and special experiences with guests from abroad. My Swedish guests for example, offered me whisky. Just after breakfast! Each nation has its own curiosities:
- The French find our petit dejeuner quite extensive but do prefer French cheese over our Dutch ones.
- The British usually leave God’s Blessings behind in the guest book.
- The Austrians forward self-made Christmas cards.
- The Belgians really like Holland, but not its inhabitants.
- The Italians are suspicious of our Italian restaurants but are very enthusiastic about recommended addresses.
- Romanian families do not leave without a big hug.
There is one country that I absolutely must mention and that is Germany. Because, – exceptions excluded, I am very fond of my German guests. Even during the World Cup in 2010, the relations between me and my German guests remained warm. In general I find German people to be spontaneous, affectionate, honest, clean, realistic, enthusiastic, well informed, cheerful and utterly reliable. And that deserves to be said!! And so I say a heart-felt: ‘Herzlich willkommen’.
Most popular posts
- francis wiedeenmann on In response to many requests: cancellation conditions
- frans blom on Do you ask for a down payment? Point it out on your presentation page
- Alexander Johnson on Is your B&B offering free internet for your guests yet?
- Janneke Scheepers on Starting a Bed & Breakfast: put your financial things in order
- Annelies on Starting a Bed & Breakfast: put your financial things in order
Tagsavailability calendar B&B B&B for sale B&B market bed & breakfast Bed & Breakfast Europe bed and breakfast Bedandbreakfast.eu blog calendar chambre d'hôtes column communications economics environment expo Facebook Feb2014_EU findability for sale fraud Google guest internet linkedin management marketing news news-feb-2014 opinion payment photo privatzimmer quickcourse_auto reservation system reservation system Bedandbreakfast.eu SEO social media starting startmail startupnews sustainability trend welcome workshop